Stone Clinical Laboratories was created to encompass a wider variety of services, including Toxicology, Pharmacogenetics, Wellness Testing & more—all solutions designed to meet new challenges in the constantly changing and dynamic field of medicine. Powered by the latest research and technology, Stone Clinical Laboratories makes next-level testing and diagnostics accessible and convenient in order to improve patient outcomes.
We are currently looking for a talented Medical Technologist. The Med Tech is responsible for following the laboratory's procedures for routine laboratory testing under general supervision. The successful applicant must also be capable of identifying problems that may adversely affect test performance or reporting of test results. The Med Tech also carries out all duties while maintaining compliance and confidentiality, and promoting the mission and philosophy of the organization.
This is a unique opportunity to join a passionate team and to help guide the growth and success of the laboratory!
Essential Job Functions:
Including, but not limited to:
- Perform specimen processing and routine/complex testing on blood, urine and other specimens which requires knowledge and understanding of quality control, basic instrument maintenance, and procedure methodologies and reference ranges
- Maintain appropriate documentation of all activities as required
- May coordinate the activities of the lab including specimen preparation for toxicology and chemistry
- Sample prep for urine toxicology and chemistry
- Report and maintain record of patient test results through the laboratory computer system accurately, meeting published turnaround times for routine testing
- Operate all instrumentation in assigned areas to deliver precise, timely, and accurate laboratory results
- Perform laboratory procedures for specimen collection, processing, and test analysis
- Performs quality controls for all equipment and troubleshoots malfunctioning instrumentation as necessary
- Train new personnel in methods, procedures and use of equipment and instruments specific to the assigned area
- Ensure all COLA, CLIA, OSHA, HIPAA, and any other appropriate regulatory standards are adhered to while performing related duties
- Assist in writing SOPs
Required Experience & Skills
- Minimum of one year laboratory experience with high complexity testing
Qualifications & Educational Requirement:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Completed a nationally recognized (ASCP or equivalent) MT certification examination
- Current Florida license or temporary license as a Clinical Laboratory Scientist-Generalist. Non-licensed individuals will not be considered at this time
Additional Qualifications & Skills
Strong preference will be given to applicants who have:
- Prior experience working with LC/MS instrumentation (highly regarded)
- Prior experience with routine chemistry, immunology and hematology testing.
- Prior experience with molecular diagnostics
Stone Clinical Laboratories offers a comprehensive and flexible benefits package that fits you and your family’s needs. If you work at least 30 hours per week and are a regular, full-time employee, you are considered fully benefits-eligible. Most benefits begin the first of the month following your hire date. We offer:
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Life and AD&D Insurance
- Short- and Long-Term Disability
- Employee Assistance Program
- 401(k) (after 6 months of employment)
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
EEO is the Law links in English or Spanish.
Stone Clinical Laboratories complies with all applicable laws concerning the employment of individuals with disabilities and acts in accordance with regulations and guidance issued by the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC). The Company does not discriminate against qualified individuals with disabilities in regard to application procedures, hiring, advancement, discharge, compensation, training or other terms, conditions and privileges of employment.