Stone Clinical Laboratories was created to encompass a wider variety of services, including Toxicology, Pharmacogenetics, Wellness Testing & more—all solutions designed to meet new challenges in the constantly changing and dynamic field of medicine. Powered by the latest research and technology, Stone Clinical Laboratories makes next-level testing and diagnostics accessible and convenient in order to improve patient outcomes.
We are opening a new facility in the Destin area and are looking for Accessioners. The Accessioner is responsible for opening, identifying specimens, entering data into the Laboratory Information System, preparing specimens for testing and transporting specimens to the correct department in the laboratory. This is a unique opportunity to join a close-knit and passionate team, and help guide the growth and success of the laboratory!
Essential Job Functions
Including, but not limited to:
- Accession patient specimens according to Company’s standard operating procedures, with strict adherence to our Quality Assurance standards
- Receive specimens from multiple daily deliveries, auditing delivery and signing for packages
- Assist with resolving accessioning issues to include, but not limited to, requisition discrepancies missing information and/or other accessioning related client issues.
- Review, understand and execute customer-specific requirements for order entry
- Accurately and efficiently data enter required patient and specimen information into LIS system
- Prepare laboratory specimens for testing including labeling specimens accurately, transferring of specimen into appropriate tubes, and distribute them to the appropriate department to ensure specimen integrity
- Maintain adequate departmental inventory
- Adhere to and uphold all applicable federal and state compliance regulations as well as Company’s compliance policies and procedures, accrediting agency policies and procedures, and applicable healthcare fraud, waste and abuse laws
- Work closely with the Client Services team to resolve and escalate incomplete or unclear order issues and promote good customer service
- Participate in continuing education and staff meetings as assigned
- Perform other similar or related duties as requested or assigned.
Required Experience & Skills
- Minimum typing speed of 50 words per minute with great accuracy
- Must be comfortable handling bodily fluids
- Computer proficiency, attention to details, accuracy, organizational skills, and verbal and written communication skills
- Self-directed and able to work autonomously with minimal supervision
- Preferred: Minimum 2 year’s accessioning experience
Qualifications & Educational Requirement
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Preferred: Coursework in Biology or related life sciences from an accredited institution preferred
Additional Qualifications & Skills
Strong preference will be given to applicants who have:
- A current Florida Laboratory Assistant License
- Hands on experience with Apollo LIMS
Stone Clinical Laboratories offers a comprehensive and flexible benefits package that fits you and your family’s needs. If you work at least 30 hours per week and are a regular, full-time employee, you are considered fully benefits-eligible. Most benefits begin the first of the month following your hire date. We offer:
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Life and AD&D Insurance
- Short- and Long-Term Disability
- Employee Assistance Program
- 401(k) (after 6 months of employment)
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
EEO is the Law links in English or Spanish.
Stone Clinical Laboratories complies with all applicable laws concerning the employment of individuals with disabilities and acts in accordance with regulations and guidance issued by the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC). The Company does not discriminate against qualified individuals with disabilities in regard to application procedures, hiring, advancement, discharge, compensation, training or other terms, conditions and privileges of employment.