Stone Clinical Laboratories was created to encompass a wider variety of services, including Toxicology, Pharmacogenetics, Wellness Testing & more—all solutions designed to meet new challenges in the constantly changing and dynamic field of medicine. Powered by the latest research and technology, Stone Clinical Laboratories makes next-level testing and diagnostics accessible and convenient in order to improve patient outcomes.
We are looking for a Technical Supervisor. The Technical Supervisor will work in coordination with leadership and in alignment with established Stone Clinical Laboratories strategies and policies to provide, maintain, control, and improve laboratory testing services. This position is responsible for overseeing the technical aspects of the laboratory and working closely with the Laboratory Director. This is a unique opportunity to join a close-knit and passionate team, and help guide the growth and success of the laboratory!
Essential Job Functions
Including, but not limited to:
- Select test methodology, in conjunction with Laboratory Director, appropriate for the clinical use of the test menu
- Establish the Laboratory's test performance characteristics
- Establish a QC program appropriate for the testing performed
- Participate in the establishment and maintenance of policies
- Resolve technical problems
- Ensure patient test results are not reported until all corrective action has been taken and the test system is functioning properly
- Identify training needs; evaluating the competency of all Testing Personnel on an ongoing basis
- Ensure all COLA, CLIA, OSHA, HIPAA, and any other appropriate regulatory standards are adhered to while performing related duties
- Run standards and controls, verifying equipment accuracy and function
- Initiate any corrective action in the lab
- Assist with test validation and all regulatory work related to testing
- Review and verify results for accuracy, and credibility prior to release
- Ensure results are reviewed before release in a timely manner
- Participate in proficiency survey testing
- Assist in development and writing of operational and technical procedures
- Coordinate laboratory operations
- Serve additional roles as needed by the laboratory including but not limited to: Certifying LC/MS Scientist, Testing personnel, and General Supervisor
- Participate in continuing education and in-service program
- Ability to work effectively with both employees and customers.
- Ability to convey a positive and professional image to employees and customers
- Ability to abide by all policies and procedures and hold coworkers accountable for the same
- Must be detailed oriented and thorough.
- Initiative and individual judgment is expected.
- Self-management and trustworthiness is expected.
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in medical technology, biology, biochemistry, chemistry, pharmacology & toxicology, or related field from an accredited institution, and at least 4 years of high-complexity clinical laboratory experience
- Master’s Degree in chemical, physical, biological, or clinical laboratory science or medical technology from an accredited institution with at least 2 years of high-complexity clinical laboratory experience
- Licensed as Clinical Laboratory Technologist in Louisiana
Stone Clinical Laboratories offers a comprehensive and flexible benefits package that fits you and your family’s needs. If you work at least 30 hours per week and are a regular, full-time employee, you are considered fully benefits-eligible. Most benefits begin the first of the month following your hire date. We offer:
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Life and AD&D Insurance
- Short- and Long-Term Disability
- Employee Assistance Program
- 401(k) (after 6 months of employment)
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
EEO is the Law links in English or Spanish.
Stone Clinical Laboratories complies with all applicable laws concerning the employment of individuals with disabilities and acts in accordance with regulations and guidance issued by the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC). The Company does not discriminate against qualified individuals with disabilities in regard to application procedures, hiring, advancement, discharge, compensation, training or other terms, conditions and privileges of employment.