Stone Clinical Laboratories, was created to encompass a wider variety of clinical testing services, including Toxicology, Pharmacogenetics, Wellness Testing & more—all solutions designed to meet new challenges in the constantly changing and dynamic field of medicine. Powered by the latest research and technology, Stone Clinical Laboratories makes next-level testing and diagnostics accessible and convenient in order to improve patient outcomes.
We are currently looking for an experienced Toxicology Specialist. The Toxicology Specialist will work in coordination with Stone Clinical Laboratories leadership and in alignment with established Stone Clinical Laboratories strategies and policies to provide, maintain, control, and improve laboratory testing services. Responsible for day-to-day operations , reporting of test results, and proper performance of all laboratory procedures while working closely with the technical supervisor and laboratory director. The Toxicology Specialist shall conduct job responsibilities in accordance with the standards set forth by Stone Clinical Laboratories policies and procedures, applicable federal and state laws, and applicable professional standards.
Duties and Responsibilities
Including, but not limited to:
- Participate in the establishment and maintenance of laboratory policies and procedures
- Participate in the establishment of ranges, specimen requirements for tests, and acceptance criteria
- Perform QC testing and recognize deviation from acceptable values. Follow
established protocol for remedial action. Verify all assays are in control before releasing patient results
- Ensure proper maintenance is completed. Responsible for weekly and monthly
- Perform necessary calibration of instruments and ensure calibration period is adequate to cover testing
- Anticipates and plans proficiency survey testing
- Prepare end of month QC data
- Assures remedial or corrective actions take place when test systems deviate from the laboratory's specified performance specifications
- Perform testing and accurately record results in all lab areas
- Verify the Lab Director’s review of monthly QC, Maintenance, patient records, and QA monitors
- Help resolve technical problems
- Monitor test analysis and specimen examination to ensure that testing meets all
acceptable performance criteria
- Ensure that patient test results are not reported unless all criteria for test performance characteristics are acceptable
- Evaluate and/or implement new procedures, tests, or methodologies
- Provide orientation to testing personnel
- Maintain inventory in a neat and acceptable manner
- Ensure all COLA, CLIA, OSHA, HIPAA, and any other appropriate regulatory standards are adhered to while performing related duties
- Serve as testing personnel
- Participate in continuing education and in-service programs
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisory personnel
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in medical technology, biology, biochemistry, chemistry, pharmacology & toxicology, or related field from an accredited institution, and at least 2 years of high-complexity clinical laboratory experience.
- Licensed as Clinical Laboratory Technologist in Florida
Stone Clinical Laboratories offers a comprehensive and flexible benefits package that fits you and your family’s needs. If you work at least 30 hours per week and are a regular, full-time employee, you are considered fully benefits-eligible. Most benefits begin the first of the month following your hire date. We offer:
- Flexible Spending anf Healtcre Savings Accounts
- Life and AD&D Insurance
- Short- and Long-Term Disability
- Employee Assistance Program
- 401(k) (after 6 months of employment)
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
EEO is the Law links in English or Spanish.
Stone Clinical Laboratories complies with all applicable laws concerning the employment of individuals with disabilities and acts in accordance with regulations and guidance issued by the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC). The Company does not discriminate against qualified individuals with disabilities in regard to application procedures, hiring, advancement, discharge, compensation, training or other terms, conditions and privileges of employment.