Sr. Software Developer
Stone Clinical Laboratories, located in the heart of New Orleans, was created to encompass a wider variety of services, including Toxicology, Pharmacogenetics, Wellness Testing & more—all solutions designed to meet new challenges in the constantly changing and dynamic field of medicine. Powered by the latest research and technology, Stone Clinical Laboratories makes next-level testing and diagnostics accessible and convenient in order to improve patient outcomes.
We are currently looking for a Sr. Software Developer who will be responsible for designing and implementing software programming solutions for current and new applications. This is a unique opportunity to join a close-knit and passionate team, and help guide the growth and success of the laboratory in one of the most vibrant cities in America!
Essential Job Functions:
Including, but not limited to:
- Improve operations by conducting systems analysis; recommending changes in policies and procedures.
- Design, modify, develop, write and implement software programming solutions, including software infrastructure and development tools for current and new applications.
- Perform code reviews, analyze execution plans, and re-factor inefficient code.
- Follow data standards, resolve data issues, complete unit testing and system documentation.
- Collaborate with subject matter experts and other team members to determine data extraction and transformation requirements.
- Conduct system tests, troubleshoot issues and correct database defects.
- Respond quickly and efficiently to both defect reporting and enhancement requests.
- Translate high-level requirements into detailed technical designs, and participate in design sessions and code walkthroughs.
- Assist in component design, software, and production evaluation and build recommendations.
- Support and/or install software applications, infrastructure and development tools.
- Research and review of moderately complex customer support issues which are escalated to the team.
- Develop programming and development standards and procedures as well as programming architectures for intended code reuse.
Qualifications & Educational Requirement:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Mathematics or equivalent experience
- Five+ years’ experience in software development
- Five+ years’ experience with C#.NET, NODE.JS and ASP.Net
- Five+ years' expertise in T-SQL Programming in a Microsoft SQL Server environment
Additional Qualifications & Skills
Strong preference will be given to applicants who have:
- Experience with HL7/ASTM
- Moderate experience with technical systems; ability to identify technical solutions for business problems
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to interact with internal staff at all levels
- Oral and written communication skills in order to effectively communicate with internal staff
- Ability to work on multiple assignments concurrently
- Collaborative skills and deemed a self-starter
- Ability to formulate and define scope and objectives through research, due diligence and interactions with peers and customers
- Understanding and practical experience in the use of SQL and applicable querying requirements
Stone Clinical Laboratories offers a comprehensive and flexible benefits package that fits you and your family’s needs. If you work at least 30 hours per week and are a regular, full-time employee, you are considered fully benefits-eligible. Most benefits begin the first of the month following your hire date. We offer:
- Life and AD&D Insurance
- Short- and Long-Term Disability
- Employee Assistance Program
- 401(k) (after 6 months of employment)
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
EEO is the Law links in English or Spanish.
Stone Clinical Laboratories complies with all applicable laws concerning the employment of individuals with disabilities and acts in accordance with regulations and guidance issued by the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC). The Company does not discriminate against qualified individuals with disabilities in regard to application procedures, hiring, advancement, discharge, compensation, training or other terms, conditions and privileges of employment.