Network Administrator - Florida Operations
Stone Clinical Laboratories was created to encompass a wider variety of services, including Toxicology, Pharmacogenetics, Wellness Testing & more—all solutions designed to meet new challenges in the constantly changing and dynamic field of medicine. Powered by the latest research and technology, Stone Clinical Laboratories makes next-level testing and diagnostics accessible and convenient in order to improve patient outcomes.
We are opening a new facility in Freeport, FL and are looking for a Network Administrator. This role is primarily responsible for the strategic implementation of new technology solutions that improve business efficiency while meeting corporate business goals. This position understands business strategy and can identify technologies that will improve and enhance the organization's business goals. This is a unique opportunity to join a close-knit and passionate team, and help guide the growth and success of the laboratory!
Including, but not limited to:
- Establishes network specifications by conferring with users; analyzing workflow, access, information and security requirements; designing router administration, including interface configuration and routing protocols.
- Establishes network by evaluating network performance issues including availability, utilization, throughput, goodput, and latency; planning and executing the selection, installation, configuration, and testing of equipment; defining networking policies and procedures; establishing connections and firewalls.
- Protects organization’s value by keeping information confidential.
- Be responsible for the design and definition; the procurement or development; the implementation, maintenance and improvement of the IT operations across the company.
- Manage and drive multiple projects to improve business performance.
- Creates IT solutions or applications for business processes including development of applications to serve various group needs (Operations and Sales).
- Designs and deploys enterprise wide infrastructure systems to meet the company’s availability, reliability, and scalability needs.
- Implements IT general controls to provide business continuity (disaster recovery and data retention).
- Safeguards the privacy and security of all information, intellectual property and IT assets.
- Works in a consultative fashion with other executives, such as finance, marketing, and sales as an advisor of technologies that may improve their efficiency and effectiveness.
- Serve as the IT help desk for both on-site and off-site employees; install, modify, and repair computer hardware and software issues.
- Serving as the programming lead for the Florida location on the development and implementation of various purchased and/or developed software applications.
- Serving as the implementation lead for EMR integration solutions between SCL software applications and various EMR vendors.
- Perform other similar or related duties as requested or assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Mathematics or equivalent experience
- Two+ years’ experience in software development
- Two+ years’ experience with .Net development
- Two+ years' expertise in T-SQL Programming in a Microsoft SQL Server environment
- Proven working experience in providing help desk support
Strong preference will be given to applicants who have:
- Familiarity with a functional programming language is a plus (Haskell, OCaml, Lisp)
- Familiarity with Linux is also a plus
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to interact with internal staff at all levels
- Oral and written communication skills in order to effectively communicate with internal staff
- Ability to work on multiple assignments concurrently
- Understanding and practical experience in the use of SQL and applicable querying requirements
Stone Clinical Laboratories offers a comprehensive and flexible benefits package that fits you and your family’s needs. Most benefits begin the first of the month following your hire date. We offer:
- Flexible Spending and Healthcare Accounts
- Wellness Progam
- Life and AD&D Insurance
- Short- and Long-Term Disability
- Employee Assistance Program
- 401(k) (after 6 months of employment)
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
EEO is the Law links in English or Spanish.
Stone Clinical Laboratories complies with all applicable laws concerning the employment of individuals with disabilities and acts in accordance with regulations and guidance issued by the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC). The Company does not discriminate against qualified individuals with disabilities in regard to application procedures, hiring, advancement, discharge, compensation, training or other terms, conditions and privileges of employment.